How many years have you spent building your reputation? How much is it worth to you?
Managing a reputation in a crisis demands a solid skill set. With the effect of social media, an emergency situation can quickly get out of hand. Our crisis communications training workshop is run by two experienced comms professionals, Nicky Rudd of Padua Communications and Ann Wright of Rough House Media, providing guidance on the dos and don’ts of crisis comms. We will explore who should take responsibility in a crisis situation, preparing spokespeople and messages, handling social media and how to brief staff, stakeholders and the media.
This workshop is perfect for any business owner, marketing consultant or marketing professional, PR consultant and social media manager who has the responsibility for managing the public reputation of an organisation or who might be expected to deal with communications at the time of a major incident.
It is a practical session leading the group through a number of evolving scenarios that demand a range of responses. It will challenge your traditional thinking and leave you with a new confidence for remaining in control in emergency situations.
Who will benefit from crisis communications training?
Anyone who has the responsibility for managing the public reputation of an organisation or who might be expected to deal with communications at the time of a major incident will benefit from this session.
Padua Communications and crisis communications
Padua Communications can run a one-off practical workshop or we can develop your entire crisis communications policy, directives and actions for staff throughout an organisation. We have also developed a morning workshop with Rough House Media for the Chartered Institute of Marketing that runs on a regular basis.
With our training, we help you to:
- Offer a persuasive argument as to the importance of communications in dealing with issues or incidents and create a workable incident communications plan
- Understand how and why the media react to incidents
- How to identify key stakeholders and create appropriate messages
- Recognise the variety of communication media available to you and how to use them effectively
- Build strategies to protect corporate reputation under testing circumstances
- Gain skills and confidence for yourself and in briefing colleagues in how to manage communication at the time of a major incident.
Why choose Padua Communications’ crisis comms workshop?
- Jargon-free morning workshop packed with great advice from industry experts
- Small groups which allow us to focus on your specific business needs and objectives
- Relaxed interactive environment